Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Recognition for a Great Beginning



Time for Tenderness was the first full-length novel I wrote, even though it wasn't the first book that I published. So, when I visited my Twitter account on January 2nd, and saw that it was selected as the Book of the Week by ChatEBooks, the honor was a beautiful surprise and a wonderful beginning to this new year.

One goal of mine for 2017 is to enter my works into contests and hopefully win recognition, and here the dream was coming true all on its own. I want to be able to slap the label of "award winning author" on my promotional material. Of course, I could already do that because the Dream Catcher Series gained me the Thriller & Suspense Author of the Year Award in 2015 from AuthorClassifieds.com, and the series was recommended by USAToday blogger for Halloween 2015, but I want more. 

While I am very honored by those early notices, I guess my current challenge is to claim a recognition that's firmly for the romance genre or one of its definite sub-genres. Book of the Week is a move in the right direction. I'm certainly motivated and optimistic! Get ready for quite a lot in 2017 because I have a whole bunch of lovely things planned for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment