Saturday, September 27, 2014

I'm Happily On A Roll

I love when a burst of creativity hits me!

Today, I spent about an hour working on the premise for the next book in my Dream Catcher series. It just seemed to flow out of me with the characters telling me which direction the plot should go, asking questions that I need to answer, and giving me clear cut directions on the themes I need to pursue. Whew! I'm happy to have exorcised those thoughts because as soon as I did, another wave hit me.

Totally unrelated to the series I'm in the middle of creating is the plot of another novel, one I started earlier in the year before I finished what was published as my first book. Scenes have been floating in and out of my head for a while, just not clear enough for me to nail them down in writing. Well, that changed today and I'm about to start building a sub-plot that will be integral to the reader understanding what motivates the main character's indecisiveness. There are reasons she can't seem to choose between the two men who love her and I'm excited about the ways to reveal that information.

I'm also looking forward to later this evening. I had an idea for caramel-apple cookies. After visiting the local orchard last week and picking 40 lbs of my favorites (Jonathan and Cortland), I'm ready to bake a few pies and create a new recipe.

Yep -- life is good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment