Wednesday, March 18, 2015

We Soared!!

It's always good to get something for FREE, right? RIGHT!! I gave away some things on St. Patrick's Day, but I got so much more. I couldn't have done it without the readers, authors who have encouraged me, and my family. (Sounds like an awards acceptance speech, doesn't it?)

We had an incredible day, thanks to the FREE book promotion and the gift card giveaways. The way my four books moved up in the rankings was absolutely amazing. The speed was nothing short of miraculous. I kept checking my KDP Report every 20 minutes or so because the number of books being downloaded just kept rising and rising. By the time the 24-hour window was closed, people had download 2596 books!

Then, I looked at the rankings for FREE books and did my Snoopy Happy Dance. There is no way to describe my joy as I watched my works rise in their individual categories and in the Free Store overall. Since Amazon hundreds of thousands of FREE books at any point in time, you'll see why our accomplishments have me floating high in the clouds.

Time for Tenderness blew me away! Out of my books, it was the number one downloaded (818 copies!) and my best performer on the Best Sellers ranking. By the end of the night, it ranked #2 in African America Romance and #5 in Literature & Fiction. Overall in the Kindle Free Store, it was #208.

Monica's Healing was right behind it with 789 downloads. It finished on the Best Sellers list at #3 in African American Romance and #6 in Literature & Fiction. Overall in the Kindle Free Store, it was #226.

Premonitions also made me proud. It was downloaded by 664 people! My tongue was probably hanging out of my mouth when I saw that it also hit #2 in the Mystery, Thriller & Suspense category. Overall, it finished at #281 in the Kindle Free Store.

Detour was my biggest surprise! It finished at #59 in Literature & Fiction's Coming of Age category. Being the first book I published nearly a year ago, I am honored at the recent interest that caused 254 people to download it. That took it to #868 in the Kindle Free Store.

Yep -- I'm still smiling! Hundreds of thousands of books. HUNDREDS of thousands of books!! That was my competition. I'm going to be smiling for a long, long, time.

No comments:

Post a Comment