Saturday, June 14, 2014

Detour is my debut novel.  It started one afternoon while I was sipping tequila, listening to Country music, and thinking that I really wanted to write something that included a taste of the small-town atmosphere.  My grandparents lived in rural Georgia, and I have many fond memories of summers spent in a place that was relaxing and romantic - ahh how I imagined steamy nights spent under the stars.  Now, many years later, I wanted to mix those experiences with the reality of also being a city-girl.

Jessica, my heroine, is definitely not from a small town; but, she finds love and possibilities with a man who lives in one and operates a diner just off of Interstate 70 between St. Louis and Indianapolis.  Her priorities for her love life and her career change as she realizes the attraction between the two of them is something that has to be explored.  The only problem is that this city-girl has obligations that could make it impossible for her to shift directions.

Jake knows all about the high expectations Jessica and her family have placed on her.  He used to share her corporate goals; but he chose to walk away from that demanding lifestyle in favor of one that would bring him peace.  Now, he has to re-examine what he wants, not just for his relationship with the brilliant and ambitious Jessica but also for his own future as the owner of the diner.

The couple faces challenges because they come from different backgrounds.  Can Jess blend her dreams with her new reality?  She wants Jake in her world, but she also wants the career she has prepared to have for all of her life.  Can Jake find a way to stay in Jessica's life, in whatever role she will allow?  Their journey is classic.  Their love is strong.  And their solutions are hard-won.

I hope you will fall in love with them.  Even more, I hope you will share your impressions on this site as well as on Amazon.com.  I've already been asked whether I've considered a sequel (even if it's only a novella) because people want to know more about this couple.  Let me know what you think.


http://www.amazon.com/Detour-Brynette-L-Turner-ebook/dp/B00KJ3FEG8/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1401747007&sr=1-7&keywords=detour

Sincerely,
Brynette

No comments:

Post a Comment