Friday, August 8, 2014

What I'm Doing

Isn't life always hectic when you think it needs to slow down?  I never realized how much work goes into the business side of being a self-published author.  While I love the support and feedback, at times the grind is overwhelming.  Yet, I'm overjoyed to be in this position!  It's never a nightmare and always a dream come true.

I undeniably have much to learn.  Facebook groups have been faithful to provide support as I stumble blindly towards my goal of writing a best seller (yeah - someday).  Their members answer questions, provide direction, and provide places for me to promote my work.  Honestly, a few real friendships have been formed with other authors (indie and traditionally published) who look out for me.  They tell me what they think about my book - yes HONEST feedback - and that my cover art is in need of resuscitation.  They provide information on affordable artwork sites, promotion services, and websites who will feature my book and post author interviews for FREE.  (Ahh I love that word.)  All of the hand-holding has kept me positive and pushing forward.

So, what have I been doing?  Promoting.  Promoting.  Promoting.  Researching.  Reading.  Surfing the internet for stock artwork. Keeping my fingers crossed that the books will keep selling.  And working through ideas for the current work-in-progress.  This is my job now, and I'm trying to be dedicated to it.

I'm additionally thankful every day for the support of my daughters, and their understanding when I eat and breathe this writing experience.  Yes, I've noticed your activities and am incredibly proud of your recent accomplishments.  Yes, I enjoy still cherish every moment we spend watching a movie or cooking dinner together.  Yes, you are still the most important people in my world.  Without you, I might not have had the courage to pursue this dream or the focus to walk this path of continued discovery.

Mostly, what I'm doing is enjoying this facet of my life.  It's really demanding but also really, really good.  Above all, I'm feeling incredibly blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment